PowerStack is a repository that allows you to run the latest LAMP versions in your Enterprise Linux. Currently both CentOS and RHEL are supported (i686 and x86_64).
- RPM packages for the latest LAMP (Apache + MySQL + PHP) stack versions and many more applications, check the full package list, testing branch and the Roadmap.
- Compatible with EPEL, the most used repository in CentOS and RHEL (we're working to make it 100% compatible with Plesk webhosting panel).
- All binaries are striped and compiled with optimized GCC flags to improve perfomance: less size = more speed.
- Other key features like restarting services after RPM upgrade (remember that Red Hat does not restart services, an advantage if you manage hundreds of Linux server with a centralized software like Spacewalk).
- Focused on enterprise server environment, here you will not locate plugins for Firefox like in other repositories ;-)
- All PowerStack code is free software! Check it out at GitHub. Feedback is welcome find us at Twitter, Facebook, UserVoice , etc.
How to use PowerStack
Simple, you only need to install "powerstack-release" package that enables PowerStack repo in your system, after that you can install/update packages as usual with Yum:
rpm -Uvh http://download.powerstack.org/powerstack-release-0-2.noarch.rpm yum update
TIP! In CentOS-5/RHEL-5 you can use this mnemonic URL: rpm -Uvh http://now.powerstack.org/ (IMPORTANT: remember the last slash!!)